Introducing the PICA Recon+ (Acoustic Sphere) Powered By INGU
At PICA Corp, we are proud to offer our clients access to leading pipeline inspection technologies from the most trusted names in the industry. From high-end equipment produced by our sister company, Russell NDE Systems, to top brands like INGU Solutions, PICA Corp is dedicated to offering the best solutions when it comes to the inspection of water mains, waste water lines, and raw water, fire water, cooling water, and slurry pipelines. Learn more about one of our newest innovations, the Recon+ Screening technology, below.
An Ideal Fit For Water Infrastructure Inspection
PICA Corp is pleased to offer North America our Recon+ In-Line technology (powered by INGU). Developed in Canada, this groundbreaking technology serves as an affordable, easy to deploy screening tool that accurately identifies risk and performance issues in pipelines. This small diameter sphere is packed with new sensing technologies and can travel freely with product flow through most pipelines, and can be sent through for consecutive runs to deliver additional layers of information that can enhance inspection quality and reliability.
More About The Recon+
PICA’s Recon+ Inline tools utilize Ingu Solutions’ Pipers® technology and are miniaturized, pool ball size, spherical sensors that can be placed in a pipe and flowed through with the product stream. The small size of the spheres means that there is less risk of the sphere becoming stuck where pipe diameter varies or internal debris is encountered. These miniature, in-line sensors effectively detect threats to pipeline performance and serve as a low-cost alternative to traditional inspection methods. Key applications include:
- 3” to 78” water or wastewater mains
- Lines that can’t be taken out of service
- Non-piggable pipelines
- Any pipe material
- Long pipeline lengths (up to 19 km [12 mi] in one day)
- Deeply trenched pipelines
- New pipeline baselining
Specs and Features
Specifications and features for Recon+ In-Line Inspection Tool are as follows:
- 2.2 inches in diameter
- Up to 48 bar (725 PSI) pressure resistance
- -20°C to 60°C (0°F to 140°F) operating temperature
- 24 hr run time
- Chemically inert
- Acoustic leak detection, magnetic feature identification, high resolution pressure and temperature sensing, as well as an IMU for position and isometry
- Works in any fluid, compatible with pressures as high as 725psi
- Operates continuously for over 24 hours, able to screen pipelines ranging from a few meters to tens of kilometers long
- Built in magnetometer, accelerometer, gyroscope, acoustic sensor, pressure sensor, and temperature sensor.
- Each subsequent run builds on the baseline for increasingly better insight into pipeline condition and performance
For more information about the Recon+ In-Line Inspection Tool, as well as PICA Corp’s services, contact our team today.