How to Inspect for Pipeline Leaks Cost Effectively
For nearly 30 years, PICA Corp has been one of North America’s most trusted providers of comprehensive pipeline inspections technologies by the top names in the industry. From world-class solutions produced by our sister company, Russell NDE Systems, to top brands like INGU, PICA Corp is dedicated to offering the best products when it comes to the safe and effective inspection of water mains, wastewater lines, raw water, fire water, cooling water, and slurry pipelines. Learn more about one of our newest innovations in partnership with INGU: Recon+ technology, below.
The New Choice For Water Infrastructure Inspection
As one of the newest additions to our versatile lineup of solutions, PICA Corp is pleased to offer our North American clients access to our Recon+ In-Line technology (powered by INGU). Developed right here in Canada, this industry-changing technology serves as an affordable, easy to deploy, screening tool that accurately identifies risk and performance issues in pipelines. The small diameter of Recon+ makes it ideal for travelling through most pipelines, and the sphere is packed with sophisticated sensing technologies that add up to the most comprehensive leak detection screening technology available in the world.
Small Size, Big Impact
The secret to PICA’s Recon+ Inline screening tool is our partnership with INGU. Utilizing INGU’s technology, the Recon+ is a miniaturized, pool ball size, spherical sensor that can be placed in a pipe and floated through with the product stream. The small size of the sphere means that there is less risk of the device becoming stuck where pipe diameter varies or internal debris is encountered. As a result, these miniature, in-line sensors detect threats to pipeline performance with enhanced efficiency and serve as a low-cost alternative to traditional inspection methods. Key applications for the Recon+ include:
- 3” and larger water or wastewater mains
- Lines that can’t be taken out of service
- Non-piggable pipelines
- Any pipe material
- Long pipeline lengths
- Deeply trenched pipelines
- New pipeline baselining
Specs and Features
Specifications and features for Recon+ In-Line Inspection Tool are as follows:
- 2.3" or 2.8" diameter models available
- Up to 50 bar (725 PSI) pressure resistance
- -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F) operating temperature
- 24 hr run time
- Chemically inert
- Shell is designed for single use: never a problem wondering if the device has been in waste water.
- Acoustic leak detection, magnetic feature identification, high-resolution pressure and temperature sensing, as well as an IMU for position and isometry (must be pig mounted for accurate isometry)
- Works in any fluid, compatible with pressures as high as 725psi
- Operates continuously for up to 24 hours, able to screen pipelines ranging from a few meters to tens of kilometres long
- Built-in magnetometer, accelerometer, gyroscope, acoustic sensor and pressure sensor.
For more information about the Recon+ In-Line Inspection Tool, as well as PICA Corp’s services, contact our team today.